Saturday, February 21, 2015

All Things Avocado

I never get a real breakfast during the week days and I barely have time to eat a decent lunch, so on the weekends I like to make myself some more fanciful food. One thing that I love is the avocado. You can use it for so many things, and it is delicious! 

Here's what I made and how:

For breakfast I decided to try out something that I saw on Essiebutton's vlog channel (if you have never watched her youtube videos, you are missing out!) so I can't take any credit for this, although I wish I was creative enough to have thought of this myself.
 Toast a bagel, cut up an avocado and place the slices on the bagels. Plop a poached egg on top of each bagel, and sprinkle lots of black pepper and some salt on top. To make the poached eggs (a new trick I learned from Essie's vlog), just boil some water, add a bit of vinegar, stir the water until it makes a whirlpool, and plop the eggs in while it's still spinning. The eggs will wrap around each other and solidify.

Watch the vlog here
The final product!

For lunch I decided to use another avocado to make some homemade guacamole! This was my first time making it, but it turned out pretty good. I mashed up the avocado, which was actually hard because I don't own proper mashing equipment so I had to mash it up with a fork. Let's just say my hands were sore afterwards (totally worth it though). After mashing up the avocado I chopped up half a tomato and mixed it in. Then I seasoned it with salt, pepper, and some lemon-pepper seasoning (or a bit of lemon juice). I spread the guac on some toasted french bread and VoilĂ ! Lunch is served.

You just can't go wrong with bread and fresh guac.

3 comments: