Friday, June 12, 2015

Artist Feature: Leonid Afremov

These are just a few paintings by one of my favorite artists, Leonid Afremov. He's a modern impressionist artist who mostly uses a palette knife and oil paints to paint, which I find absolutely incredible. I can barely paint with a normal paintbrush! 




Right when you see his paintings, you instantly know they're his. His style is unmistakeable. Probably my favorite thing about his painting are his use of color and how he makes reflections. He manages to establish a certain mood and atmosphere in each of his paintings, whether it be grand and busy or warm and serene. I can't quite describe it, but you'll see what I mean. 
I try to imagine myself inside the painting, and what I see in front of me is what he has painted. It comes to life in my head, and it just transports me into this amazing world.





The painting above is of a bridge in Venice, Italy. I thought this would be a good segway into an exciting announcement. I'm going to be visiting Venice, Florence, and Rome next week! My excitement levels are at a new high, people! I will be putting pictures up on the blog after I come back, so stay tuned for all that jazz.

Hope you're having a fantastic summer!


Pictures from: afremov.com

2 comments: