Saturday, January 31, 2015

Great News! I'm College-bound


This picture is so cliche it cracks me up. Cue the singing angels and dramatic music.

I made it into my top college! I still can't seem to wrap my head around it. I waited anxiously for months for them to release the admission decisions, mentally preparing myself for the worst, and they finally released it this week. When I saw the acceptance letter, I couldn't help but shed a few happy tears and do the classic jump-around-and-scream. A huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Applying for college was such a stressful time, and I was so afraid that I wouldn't get in and that my hard work would have been for nothing. I'd spent all my years of high school with it's name starred on the top corner of my bathroom mirror as a motivator and a goal, and now that I've finally reached it, I feel like everything I did over the years was worth it. Hard work, however unpleasant at the time, does pay off.

I'm not going to tell you guys which college it is yet until I hear back from my other schools and make an official decision (ooh, the suspense!), but so far it's looking like that's where I'll be spending the next four years of my life. So get ready for some college adventures later on this year!

2 comments: