Thursday, November 27, 2014

Cranberry Colored Things and Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Because it's Thanksgiving, I'm thought this post would be appropriate. I just had some cranberry sauce to go with my Thanksgiving dinner, and I had some cranberry (ish) colored things, so...yeah. Let's get into it!


I got these all from Harris Teeter in the same trip. I was probably just feeling the holiday spirit or something, so everything is this red shade. First, I got these nice leggings that are fur lined. I have two words for you. So. Comfy. I also got this nail polish by Revlon in the shade Cherries in the Snow (looove the name which is partially why I bought it) and this Burt's Bees lip shine in the color Pucker. Very fitting for Thanksgiving, I'd say.

Enjoy my messy hand turkey Snapchat art.

     Now onto the real Thanksgiving part. Thanksgiving is a day for expressing gratitude and reflecting upon what you are grateful for, which I feel like people don't do enough. We get caught up in the negative things in our life and forget about the things that we love and what makes the positive things in life. We focus too hard on what we want, and sometimes we need to take a step back and appreciate what we have.

     I am so thankful for my family and all of my friends. I am thankful for all the random nice people I've met over the years. I am thankful that I live comfortably and have the resources to actually create a blog where I can express myself. I'm thankful that I live in the 21st century and have more rights than I would have if I had lived in some earlier time period. I'm grateful for modern medicine, the luxuries in life (music, television, travel, etc.), and, well, the Internet. The Internet allows people to connect to people and places or events all over the world, which is something I find absolutely incredible. Although the Internet has it's pros and cons, it has opened so many doors and I am grateful it exists. One thing I really do love about it is that I can video chat with my sister, who happens to be studying miles and miles away from home. She couldn't make it back for Thanksgiving, but I could still see, talk, and laugh with her over funny stories and cute animal pictures. People say the Internet is breaking families apart, but I say it's bringing them closer together. And for that, I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment