Sunday, November 2, 2014

October Favorites!



So October has now passed (Happy Belated Halloween and Happy Day of the Dead!) and I have had some things that I've loved that have gotten me through this month. So here goes my October Favorites!



I'v been loving the Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Lip Balm in the shade Soothing Sorbet. I usually have issues with chapped lips once the cold weather hits, and this has been a life saver...or rather, a lip saver (haha). It is incredibly moisturizing, but not so moisturizing that it has a gooey consistency. It leaves my lips very smooth for hours and is also a beautiful natural color that you can really see because the balm is actually quite pigmented when you layer it. But probably my favorite thing about this lip balm is the soothing, minty feeling it creates because of the menthol in the formula. Basically it feels like a cough drop for your lips. Overall, it just makes my lips feel cool, calm, and collected.




Another thing that I have been enjoying the entire month is peppermint tea. Oh how I love me some tea! I've specifically been drinking the Celestial Seasonings Peppermint Tea. I always add a piece of rock sugar into my mug, but it's still good without it. It is very refreshing, smooth, and perfect for any time of day. It's perfect for warming the soul after a cold, long day. Plus, no caffeine. You can drink it however late you want to.



This water bottle is the Hydro Tritan by the company Reduce, and it is just wonderful. Yes, I know, it's just a water bottle, but I seriously love it. I was looking for a water bottle because my old one was getting a little nasty, and this one just popped out at me. The design is so modern and colorful, and for some reason I've been drinking more water because of it. Got to stay hydrated! The pattern just brightens up my day. Since I've purchased it, it's gotten a lot of compliments. Someone even compared the design to 80's wallpaper. Personally, I don't know what 80's wallpaper looks like, but I'm going with it! I also like how the sides of the cap are covered in this rubbery material that makes the bottle easier to screw open.



And for the finale, my beloved Sam Edelman petty boots. They were a little pricey, but I did get them on sale. They are a beautiful color that goes with almost anything, and I love how they are made of suede. They also make the most satisfying clopping sound when you walk around, so if you want to be stealthy, don't wear these! The buckle (I don't know how else to describe it) on the sides of the boots add a nice unique touch. The bottoms are perfectly smooth though, so these boots don't have the best traction. I wear these almost everyday now, and they are still quite comfortable even with the slight heel.

So there you have it, my favorites for the month of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment